Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Communication: Can you hear me now?


I originally had another topic in mind for today, however it became very clear that it was not the right one.  Communication demanded to be heard, so I have given way to the Universe and am instead writing about how it seems that we are all so busy trying to get people to listen to us that we can't hear anything else.

My news feed today has been filled with comments and notices about Communication.  How dare people exercise their right to free speech, especially when it is not in agreement with my philosophy.  Silence is not golden, it makes me uncomfortable.  Let me tell you about yourself.  These are just a few of the insights that greeted me this morning.  Then I experienced unusual phone complications.  Evidently I was postponing doing what I was supposed to be doing, because I either kept losing connection or the person I needed to talk to was unavailable. 

The observations that have come to me from the comments posted above are really eye opening to our culture.  With regard to free speech; we are all ready to rally around someone who expresses the same value or belief that we have publicly.  You can see this simply by looking at popular memes on Facebook that express political / religious sentiments.  They get thousands of likes, from those who agree with them.  If someone expresses a not so popular opinion such as "guns don't kill people", the backlash is staggering.  It would seem that allowing those with different / unpopular opinions to speak them is hard for a lot of people.  Freedom of speech does not mean that we must all agree it only means that we all get to speak our minds, and we have to be willing to accept the consequences for doing so.  

Speaking of "speaking our minds", how often do you sit down next to someone and feel compelled to make small talk?  Just talking for the sake of not sitting in silence.  Why does silence make us uncomfortable?  Is it perhaps because we are uncomfortable with the self talk that is going on in our minds?  Are we worried about what the other person may think about us if we don't make polite conversation?  Why?  

It also seems to me that the number of psychic fairs has grown exponentially.  Perhaps it is just that I am noticing them more, so it seems as if there are more of them.  While I am grateful for those who come to psychic readers like myself for insight, it does make me wonder why we don't trust our own intuition to tell us what we need to know about ourselves. 
(image by www.bernert.info)

Each of these topics could be expanded on, it is my wish that you might add your thoughts in the comments area of the blog.  

Blessings and Peace,

Sydney
 
You may contact me directly through one of my Facebook pages:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Sense-of-Peace-Inc/131165690233450 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Bridges-Certified-Grief-Counselor/1441897136078091?ref=bookmark
https://www.facebook.com/TarotreadingsbySydney?ref=bookmarks

Or one of my Websites:
http://www.asenseofpeaceinc.com/
http://sydneysministry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment